HARYANA SKILL DEVELOPMENT MISSION
Skills Under Haryana Skill Development Mission (HSDM)
Realising the importance of skill development in addressing the challenges of unemployment and to ensure gainful employment for the poor and vulnerable people, Skill Development Policy was notified by the State on 30.01.2009 with constitution of Skill Development Mission under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary.To integrate efforts of various departments of the State and Central Government organizations engaged in providing skill development training and make available employment oriented and placement linked training in vocational skills the State Skill Development Mission notified in the year 2009 was reconstituted in the meeting held on 20.03.2014. Haryana Skill Development Mission was restructured and registered as society under Haryana Registration & Regulation of Societies Act 2012.
Structure of Haryana Skill Development Mission:
- Governing Council under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary.
- Executive Committee Chaired by Administrative Secretary Govt. of Haryana, Skill Development & Industrial Training.
- State Programme Management Unit headed by Mission Director.
- District Project Management Units under the supervision of Deputy Commissioners.
- Mission will prepare a State Skill Development Program, drawing upon all resources that may be available in various State or Central Government Departments and will implement this program in consultation with and collaboration of all the concerned departments, in an integrated manner.